Creating a website and knowing how to manage it yourself may not seem like a big deal --- but it can actually change your life.
When I started my first website, I had no idea where it would take me. I had no real expectations. I was just bored and wanted an outlet for my writing. But that website led to my first blog, which led me to a full-time job, which led me to start my own business.
Learning how to work in WordPress led me to major career opportunities I wouldn't have otherwise had. And, it can do the same for you.
Because when you know how to build and manage WordPress websites -- you give yourself power.
You turn into a powerful publisher who can share your ideas, skills, products, and services with people around the world.
The best part is building and maintaining a website is easy and affordable when you have the right tools. You can control and manage your online identify yourself -- and this course will show you how.
In this workshop, you'll get the tools and know-how to build and manage a WordPress website.
You'll learn how to:
- manage and build a professional-looking, responsive, mobile-friendly WordPress website
- purchase a domain and hosting (so your site doesn’t need to be rented from Wix, Squarespace, Blogger, etc.)
- use the leading website content management system -- WordPress
- install WordPress on your hosting server
- install a theme that will make you look like a professional (without paying professional design rates)
- understand the WordPress dashboard
- create menus and organize your website so it’s easy to navigate
- publish new pages and posts
- edit existing pages and posts
- work with widgets and plugins
- learn and implement best SEO practices
- start your blog
- set up an ongoing website management plan
- and more!
By the end of this training, you'll know how to manage a professional WordPress website that you'll be proud to share with friends, family, colleagues, potential employers, customers, and clients.
You'll be able to:
- professionally promote yourself
- get noticed by hiring managers
- manage a website that someone has created for you or create your own from scratch
- lay the groundwork for your indie career
- blog to become a leader or authority in your industry
- promote your side hustle, project, or business
- sell your products or services
- get all of the beginner WordPress resources you need in one place
When you finish the course, you'll own and control the way you look online and put yourself in a position to unlock a wealth of professional opportunities.
What's Included in the Course?
The Rock It WordPress Course gives you a top-down look at WordPress and website building. Even if you are a complete novice, you'll come out on the other side as a knowledgeable website manager.
The course puts all of the beginner WordPress resources you need in one place, so you don't have to scour the internet looking for tutorials. It includes sections on:
How to Set Up Your WordPress Website
If you want to build a WordPress website from scratch, this course will walk you through it, step-by-step. From purchasing hosting and a domain name to installing WordPress and a theme, I'll cover each piece of the puzzle. You won't have to pay someone to build your site, and you can find joy in knowing you built it yourself.
Getting to Know WordPress & Working With Content
I'll teach you how to work in WordPress so you can quickly fill a website with content and manage your pages, posts, and website content. You'll also learn how to create new posts and pages, edit your existing content, use WordPress's text editor, assign categories, and find shortcuts to editing your website's content.
You'll discover what you can do with WordPress by learning about the platform's main features and functions. From widgets and menus to plugins and comments, this training will explain what features you need to know and how to use them.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization or SEO is important for a website as it helps users find it through search engines. This course includes a section that explains SEO best practices you can implement even as a complete beginner.
How to Manage and Audit Your New Site
You'll also get a section to expand your WordPress experience even more by learning how to add additional design elements, create audience personas, and more. And, at the end of the training, you'll get a bonus section that lists the most common website mistakes and how to fix them. You can use this list to make sure you are working properly in WordPress and not making any small mistakes that could be costing you big results.
Q&A Follow Up
If you have questions as you go through the course, this package includes a Q&A section where you can look for answers and ask questions of your own.
The course includes supporting PDF checklists and resources that you can download and print to help you along the way.
It also includes step-by-step directions and detailed descriptions along with screenshots so you know exactly what to look for as you work in WordPress.
So stop thinking that website management needs to be left to the experts. Use this course to become a WordPress pro who can create, manage, and update websites on your own.
Who Is This Course For?
The Rock It WordPress Course is for Talented Creatives, Professionals, and Entrepreneurs who want to:
- know how to manage their website
- market themselves online so they can take control over their career
- promote their business
- manage their personal digital brand
- start a blog
- learn how to manage a WordPress website
- learn how to build a WordPress website
- add WordPress experience to their resumes
If you aren't tech-savvy, don't be afraid. This course offers step-by-step directions so even newbies will be able to manage and build a WordPress website.
Raubi Perilli is the founder of Simply Stated Media. She's on a mission is to help talented individuals take control of their career and create professional opportunities and freedom by building a strong online presence and freelancing system. She regularly writes about freelancing, writing, marketing, and finding your way out of "the funk." Say hey to her on Twitter or visit Simply Stated Media to read more about being free, unique, and self-sufficient in work and life.